Comprehensive Therapies and Treatments in One Location
The medical care you need for auto injuries.
It’s true: all injuries are different. This means that auto-accident injuries are different from other types of injuries. But it also means that your auto injury is different from an injury someone else has sustained as the victim of a car accident. In addition to being important to diagnosis, this fact — the uniqueness of your injury — is centrally important when it comes to getting effective treatment.
Tailored treatment for your one-of-a-kind injury.
The nature and extent of your injury are unique to you. The way that your injury affects you could also be unique, as is the way that your body may respond to treatment. That’s why, at Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc. in Oklahoma City, we take an individual approach when we treat your accident injury. And it’s why we offer a truly complete range of treatments and therapies, which allows us to do whatever will be best, most effective and most appropriate for you.
Here are just some of the accident-injury treatment modalities Accident Care and Treatment Center’s medical doctors and other licensed medical practitioners use to resolve your injury and help you get back to living your life:
- Medication management – If medications are necessary in the short-term to facilitate your overall treatment plan, we provide those right here in our office through our own dispensary.
- Therapeutic ultrasound & phonophoresis – Ultrasound isn’t merely a diagnostic imaging tool. Very high-frequency sound waves can stimulate tissue, increasing blood flow in the treated area and speeding up the healing process. Therapeutic ultrasound can also help decrease pain by reducing swelling. Phonophoresis involves using ultrasound to enhance the delivery of medications applied topically (to the skin).
- Exercise therapies – Physical activity and specific exercise methods help build muscle, improve flexibility and range of motion, and increase stamina. Exercise therapy is an important and effective part of many treatment plans for auto injuries, facilitating a faster return to normal activity.
- Splints & braces – Fractures, strains and sprains are just some of the problems that can result from a car accident. Dedicated solely to auto-injury care, our medical professionals are highly experienced with the various techniques of splinting and bracing. Key to this is our unsurpassed familiarity with the types of forces, injuries and surprises involved in auto injuries.
- Physical Therapy – Performed by licensed physical therapists in our state-of-the-art gym, you’ll be guided through a customized program involving both exercises and hands-on therapy. Depending on your specific condition, physical therapy can effectively relieve pain, restore movement, treat injuries and improve range of motion and flexibility — all key components of accident recovery.
- Physiotherapy – Our doctors and providers will craft a therapeutic plan specific to your injury, and you’ll be guided through hands-on therapies designed for your individual needs. Physiotherapy is, like exercise therapy, a highly effective (and therefore common) treatment modality used for the majority of auto-injury cases we see.
- Traction – “Traction” is a term for the practice of straightening broken bones or relieving pressure (particularly in the spine). Traction has decreased in use over the years, but it still is beneficial for specific kinds of injuries. That’s why it remains part of our comprehensive range of treatment options and therapies.
- Myofascial release – Myofascial release (MFR) aims to relax contracted muscles, improve circulation (blood and lymphatic) and stimulate muscles’ stretch reflex. MFR is soft-tissue therapy directed at the fascia, which is the tough, elastic connective tissue that wraps muscle tissue and most other structures in the body.
- Electrical muscle stimulation – Electrical impulses can elicit muscle contraction, much like the electrical impulses sent by the brain. Our medical staff may use electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to prevent muscle atrophy, relax muscle spasms, increase blood circulation and “re-educate” the muscles.
- Strengthening & conditioning – The goal of auto-injury treatment is to get you back to what’s important: work, life, leisure and everything else. After an injury, treatment and recovery can result in deconditioning and loss of strength. Even if no loss of strength or conditioning is present, improving in these areas can help reduce pain and facilitate a faster and more complete return to activity.
- Massage therapy – Hands-on therapeutic massage can loosen soft tissue, relax muscles and improve circulation, all of which can reduce pain and help you make a complete recovery.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our comprehensive treatment capabilities, call (405) 842-3209. You can also schedule an appointment at Accident Care and Treatment Center using our easy online form.
Auto Accident Injury Treatment In Oklahoma City You Can Trust
The diagnosis of auto accident injuries is the first, and one of the most important, services provided by Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc.’s highly experienced Medical Team. All injuries, whether caused by an auto accident or not, need to be treated by medically trained and licensed professionals. However, at many other auto accident injury treatment centers in Oklahoma City, patients may not be treated by licensed professionals. At Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc.’s facility, you will never have to worry about this situation happening to you. Our medical team is staffed only by practitioners who are licensed physicians, certified physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. All of the diagnostics, care, and prescriptions provided by Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc. are carefully supervised by a licensed medical doctor whose primary focus is auto accident injury treatment in Oklahoma City.
What Happens After Your Diagnosis
After we’ve discussed your medical history, performed a physical exam, and performed the various tests provided by our auto accident injury treatment center in Oklahoma City, you may be wondering what’s next. Once a medical professional is able to pinpoint your exact auto accident injury or injuries, you will then be put on a treatment plan specifically tailored for your individual needs and requirements.
Our cutting edge state-of-the-art equipment allows our medical team to provide you with the best treatment options available. These treatments are all available on site at Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc.. Treatments can include any of the following and are subject to change on a case by case basis:
- Physical Therapy – Effectively restores movement, relieves pain, treats injures, and improves overall range of motion and flexibility.
- Massage Therapy – Improves circulation and relaxes muscles.
Strengthening & Conditioning – Helps to get you back to your daily routine, faster.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation – Prevents muscle atrophy, relaxes muscles spasms, and “retrains” the muscles.
- Myofascial Release – Stimulates muscles’ stretch reflex, relaxes muscles, and improves circulation.
- Traction – The practice of straightening bones (especially in the spine) to relieve pressure.
- Physiotherapy – A highly effective and common therapy, similar to exercise therapy.
- Splints & Braces – Treatment of fractures, sprains, or strains that are common in auto accident injury treatment in Oklahoma City.
- Exercise Therapy – Helps to build muscle, increase stamina, and improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound & Phonophoresis – Increases blood flow in the injured area to speed up healing process.
- Medication Management – Provided by our own dispensary. Medication may be used for a short amount of time during your treatment.
How To Pay For Diagnosis & Auto Accident Injury Treatment?
Even after an auto accident, many people will avoid medical evaluation after the incident because of cost, especially if there is no sign of injury at the scene of the accident. No matter what, after an accident, you need to seek professional medical attention right away – even if you don’t have medical insurance. At Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc. we provide quality care for all of our patients, regardless of their current financial situation. Since we only take patients who have auto accident injuries, we don’t have to deal with or worry about medical insurance from our patients like many hospitals and urgent care centers do.
As an auto accident injury treatment center, we are not dependent on reimbursements for other types of injuries and disorders.
Medical insurance isn’t necessary to provide care and for our patients. Instead we deal with the liable party’s automobile insurer to cover your diagnosis and treatment.You’ll never have to worry about any out-of-pocket expenses when you visit our center for auto accident injury treatment in Oklahoma City.
Our mission is to provide each and every one of our patients with the care and treatment for auto accident injures that they deserve. Our focus is on individual needs in order to provide you with the proper care and adequate tools to get you back to living your best life. All of the tests, treatments, care, medications, and supplies you’ll need to get back on your feet are provided under the same roof at Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc in Oklahoma City.