The weather in Oklahoma has always been unpredictable and sporadic. If you are a native Oklahoman, you have most likely experienced the sudden changes of one day walking in the sun and the next day frigid temperatures and high winds.
This year has already started off with the cold days scattered and difficult to predict. For this reason, it is best to make sure your car is “winter weather ready” for these sudden bouts of ice, snow, and cold.
The staff at Accident Care & Treatment Center, Inc. has put together a collection of beneficial things to consider to ensure you are prepared and ready for the sudden changes in the weather.
- Check your fluids make sure you are up to date with your oil change.
- The cold weather can damage your hoses and belts. Be sure to check these for wear and tear.
- Keep your gas tank at least half a tank full as traffic can increase with ice and snow.
- Store a tire pressure gauge in your car as rising and falling temperatures can affect tire pressure dramatically.
- Prepare an emergency kit in case you encounter car trouble. Some items to keep in this kit include:
- Ice Scraper
- Small shovel
- Jumper cables
- Windshield wipers
- First aid kit
- Small bag of sand or non-clumping kitty litter
- Keep cold weather gear for you and the kids including gloves, hats, jackets, boots, and blankets.
As it gets colder please be safe and stay aware on the roads. Our doors are always open if you are in need of care after an auto accident. We offer same day, next day and walk-in appointments. If you are injured, begin your road to recover with Accident Care & Treatment Cetner, Inc. by giving us a call at 405-842-3209 or filling out our online form.